Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Beyond the differences and waiting for the Savior's Birthday!

I came back from Thailand on Monday after a week stay there.
Our organisation and the other co-organiser in Thailand had an international meeting in Bangkok, inviting around 50 participants and resource persons as well as observers to the Meeting from Asia and the Pacific region.

We had some difficulties in communication, organisation and managements between the two organisers due to our cultural differences etc. However, God blessed our Meeting and those who attended and managed the Meeting, having understanding with each other, sharing information and building better relationship at the end.

Moreover, it was first time for me to go to Thailand after becoming Christian, so I was very excited that God would reveal Himself in what I was doing there. And He did in different ways!

Firstly, I had some chances to tell that "I am a Christian" to people around me. Thailand is Buddhist country and our participants have obviously different beliefs (religions) as they are from different countries in the region. During the stay in Thailand, I could tell people how I became a Christian, which means that how God saved me, and I got baptised on 25 March 2005. One day, at a Buddist temple, I was asked from an Malaysian participant "what did you make a wish?" I replied "I didn't make a wish here because I am a Christian. I believe in God and always pray to Him!" At the Buddhist temple, surrounded by different people who believe diffrent religions, I revealed myself as a daughter of the Father. Long before, I did not have religion and tried to adjust people around me, such as praying like they do in the Buddhist manner. However, this time, I felt vividly that I walk with Jesus!! live for Him!! and serve Him!! in the middle of the diversity.

However, though I am a Christian, we all had a good time with respect, love and understanding with each other. We are called as "Muslim", or "Buddhist", or "Christian", or any other "religions". However, our spirits to be humble to God, believe in Him, love peace and each other are the same! We all enjoyed our friendships and relationships as brothers and sisters beyond the differences in religoins or cultures. That is what I love very much in international relationships among people from different countries and backgrounds!!

I was given a chance to go to a church in Bangkok on Sunday, too.
Before leaving Japan, I was wondering if I could go to church on Sunday as I thought that we would have to work on Sunday whole day too to wrap up outcomes of the Meeting. So, I was praying that I could go to church there. My friends prayed for me in Japan, too. Their prayers are always so helpful and powerful that God listens to our prayers!!
As my colleague is also a Christian, we were very happy to go to church for a short break.
Each of us went to a church we wanted to go, had a good time there.
I went to a church Pastor Rod introduced to me. The church had a big congregation, including Thai as well as different nationalities. Foreigners used headsets to hear Thai-English simultaneous interpretation during the message. There was a music team (a band) and worshipped God singing various songs in Thai. I could not sing properly as I could not read lyrics in Thai quickly, but enjoyed worshipping the Father and enjoyed the music.
At a church shop, I bought two CDs of worship songs in Thai to sing songs in Thai with Thai people one day!! Though I could not meet a friend of Pastor Rod there, it was a great and precious time for me to be at church in Bangkok. I don't know what God is planning for me, but I wish this visit may make a change in my life.

Christimas is approaching! Jesus Lifehouse will have a Christmas Party on Saturday, and have a Christmas Service on Sunday. I am really looking forward to celebrating Jesus's birthday!! This my first Christmas after I got baptised! This Christmas has really different meaning from ones I have been experiencing in my past life.
At Christmas times, I thought that it was a special time to be with a boyfriend, while I complain with girls when we all girls did not have boyfriends to spend the Christmas with. However, I feel really different about Christmas this year!!! As Jesus became my Savior, putting Him for the 1st Priority in my life, I have thrown away the past conceptions and I am purely excited to celebrate His Birthday when He was born to save people on the earth!!! I am so thankful to God for sending Him to the earth!!
I can't wait for celebrating His birthday on this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! (><)*****\ (^o^)/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home